REVIEW OF MATRIX BIOLAGE DEEP SMOOTHING SERUM

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

                                                              
Hair Care is an integral part of life. But this can be quite a task if we don't know how to choose or use the right kind of product. Everyone's hair is different and it acts in different ways. So, it will be easy if we if get to know a product that is suitable for all hair types.

Today, I am sharing my experience on Matrix Biolage Deep Smoothing Serum, which I've have been using for quite some time.

About the product:
Matrix Biolage Deep Smoothing Serum



In the bottle it says:

Smooths and controls frizzy hair
BIOLAGE SMOOTH THERAPIE infuses hair with weightless smoothness, leaving it frizz-free and easy to control while keeping it natural to touch.

BIOLAGE DEEP SMOOTHING SERUM smooths dry, frizzy and unruly hair. A fusion of taming polymers and avocado and grape seed oils gently envelopes hair to control frizz and seal in smoothness without weight. Hair stays shiny, nourished and manageable all day.

How to use:

Work a small amount of product in hands and apply evenly through damp hair. Blow-dry or style as desired. Can be reapplied throughout the day for added shine and frizz control.



Ingredients:

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMITHICONOL, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, FRAGRANCE, AVOCADO OIL, GRAPE SEED OIL, LIMONENE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, COUMARIN, LINALOOL, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, AMYL CINNAMAL, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, ISOEUGENOL, BENZYL BENZOATE, CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, CITRONELLOL (037198/1)

My Experience:

I have an on-off relationship with this particular product. Someday I like this very much and someday I don’t. Now, if you are wondering about the kind of hair I have, then you must know that I have extremely oily, fine hair with a sensitive scalp. Yeah... I know it’s the worst one imaginable. If I shampoo my hair in the morning, by the evening it gets flat and greasy. So, I was a little bit reluctant when I thought of using this in the beginning. But during the last monsoon, when my hair struggled to air-dry properly, I decided to use the hair dryer (I don't prefer to use Hair Dryer regularly). As a precautionary heat protectant, I started using this serum. And it started working very nicely.
After shampooing my hair; I take just a small pea sized amount of this serum in my palm, rub it, and use it in the ends of my hair. Afterwards, whatever remains, I spread that in the rest of my hair. I use my Tangle Teezer (see my reviewto comb and I find no knots in my hair which is quite surprising for me. After that, I use my dryer.



During the Summer, it gets greasy after some time but for the rest of the year, it works nicely especially during the Winters.

The texture of the serum feels like an extra light version of an oil. It gives my hair a natural shine. It controls the frizz and the flyaway hair too. And the soothing smell lingers into the hair for some time which feels very refreshing. When I use this and the hair dryer together, my hair feels so soft. But when I use this serum on my hair, I skip Conditioner on that day. However, oily hair people have to be really careful while using this because if you use a little extra, your hair may turn greasy. 

Pros:
·      Very lightweight
·      Smells very soothing
·      Good to use as a heat protectant
·      Gives a natural shiny, glossy finish
·      Smoothens the hair nicely
·      Non expensive
·      There are infusions of some good oils

·      A single bottle goes for a looong time


Cons:
·      Could be little greasy for some people with oily hair ( I use very carefully)

Price:

I've got mine a long time ago. That time price was 260 INR

Current price:

275 INR for 100 ml. (you can get discounts in online sites)

Rating:


3.5/5 (for my oily hair)

I so wish that my hair could be little bit on the drier side. I think those who have normal to dry hair, they will like this product very much. I will purchase this again. But at first, I need to finish this bottle which is a task. 😁

Cheers!!!
Happy Living...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews