ST. IVES DAILY HYDRATING VITAMIN E & AVOCADO BODY LOTION- A PERFECT BUDGET FRIENDLY BODY LOTION FOR TROPICAL SUMMER

Sunday, April 28, 2019


Okay… though St. Ives has been a known friendly face in the U.S for decades, this has been launched officially in my country not very long ago. Surprisingly, I think many of us have already used a few products from this brand beforehand. In the past years, there used to be a few departmental stores who regularly have picked up a few iconic products from some brands that were not easy to catch at that time. And I am eternally grateful for that.
Anyways, things are pretty easy nowadays, thanks to the blessings of online shopping. Also, so many brands (both luxury & drugstore) are tying up with us now seeing the potential of a vast market. And that's how, finally St. Ives, one of the famous drugstore brands of the U.S is here now.


I have known about this brand for quite some years. I’ve loved the “St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Face Scrub” for a long time. The other day, when I was looking for a summery body lotion which would be ‘little natural’, and will not make a big hole in the wallet, I’ve come across this. I have placed an order immediately, used it for 15 days, and here I am.
I was going through some of the reviews people shared in the U.S websites. I found out that the love for this body lotion is 50-50 now, as many have adored and can’t forget about this lotion's previous version. I started digging further, and found out that previously it was made without the avocado, had a creamier texture. In short, it was just perfect for dry/combination skin. Immediately, I understood, why I have loved the new formulation of this body lotion. Given the fact, I live in a tropical country, summertime is hard because of extreme humidity. Our body needs moisture, and at the same time, we tend to get excessive sweat. The sticky feeling of a lotion keeps our mind occupied, and we end up not giving any moisturization to our body which is a disaster by the way.


But now, I believe, this lotion has come to the rescue. Just apply it all over your body after coming out of the shower. It will be absorbed immediately, and you'll be good to go with the day. I am sure many of you will reminisce the Good Ol’ Days of ‘Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Fresh Body Lotion’ as soon as you start using it. The texture of St. Ives is pretty much similar to Vaseline one. The only difference between them, and mind you that is a big one, is the ingredients list. That makes and breaks all the deal for me.


Let's talk about the pros & cons.

Pros:
  •       Summer-friendly
  •    Ingredients list is Pregnancy Safe which is a yay for many would-be Moms
  •    Paraben & phthalate free
  •    100% natural moisturizer (made with plant-derived ingredients)
  •       Suitable for all skin types in summer, and also during winter perfect for oily skin
  •       Non-sticky, and thanks to that no excessive sweating
  •       Gives the perfect amount of hydration during the summer season
  •       Vitamin E and avocado nourish deeply and give youthful, glowing skin.
  •       Beautiful, fresh fragrance
  •       Budget-friendly

Cons:
  •     So far, none 😊

 Price: INR 649 for 621 ml. (I got it on a 15% discount from nykaa.com) You can also buy from Amazon (link provided)

This is my 100% honest review. Let me know what’s your take in this body lotion.

Cheers!!!
Happy Living…

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews