THE MAGICAL BENEFITS OF CITRONELLA ESSENTIAL OIL

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Essential oils are used for various medicinal purposes since ages. They are majorly used in aromatherapy as a form of alternative medicine. Though, scientifically, they are not proved to treat any significant health condition, but they are undoubtedly beneficial to ease out some problems.

Any essential oil is basically the essence of a particular plant. Citronella oil is derived from the leaves and stems of different species of Cymbopogon. 

I have been using this oil for the last two years or so. I am a big fan of this oilespecially in Summer. It works like a charm and helps me out in many ways. 
 




Benefits of Citronella Oil:


Natural Insect Repellent

I have used so many market-available insect repellents. In fact, most of them use Citronella Oil as one of the key ingredients. 
I don't prefer to use them anymore as they contain many harsh chemicals. 
Whereas, a pure Citronella Essential Oil is great to use as an insect repellent. It is natural and it works amazingly as a Mosquito Repellent. I am blown away by its results as I found this oil 100% effective.

How to use this as a Mosquito Repellent:

I put one drop of this oil on the edges of my top's sleeves.  Similarly, I put one drop of this oil on each sides of the bottom wear. I have tested the effect for a long time in a place where the mosquitos rule the most. To my surprise, this oil has proved to be amazingly effective every time. The mosquitoes have definitely come near me, but they couldn’t sit on my body and bite me. 
It sounds unbelievable, right!

You can also use this as a bug spray. Let me give you a beautiful recipe for that. 

Ingredients:

  •      ½ cup Natural Witch Hazel
  •      ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
  •      1 tbsp Vegetable Glycerin (optional)
  •      30-40 drops of mixed essential oils (citronella, clove, lemongrass, rosemary, tea tree, eucalyptus, geranium, lavender, mint.)
Mix everything in a spray bottle (preferably glass), and it is ready to use. I would suggest not to use it directly on the skin, instead, use it on clothes.

Stress Buster

Whenever I feel a little stressed, or I am under the weather, I put 2 drops of this oil on my pillow. It really helps calming me down, and I fall asleep in no time. 
P.S: I don't think this remedy is effective in extreme stressful condition, but on a lower level, it helps.
P.P.S- Remember to be careful when you are applying this oil on your dresses or pillows. It leaves a yellowish stain on lighter colors. But the stain goes away after a couple of washes.

Room Freshener

I am a hardcore non-vegetarian, so you can imagine the smell of my kitchen after cooking. The smell sometimes spreads in the whole house. Yeah gross! To get rid of that, I take a small spray bottle, add 8 to 10 drops of this oil along with some water. I spray this in the entire house, especially on my curtains. And Voila! My house smells divine.

Some Other Benefits:

You can use Citronella Essential Oil in many other ways. Unlike the above-mentioned benefits, these are not tried and tested by me. So, I can't vouch for the results. But research says they are very effective.

  •  Anti-Inflammatory and Pain Reducer
  •  Anti-bacterial & Anti-Fungal (for skin conditions)
  •  Household Cleaner (as a disinfectant)
  •  For Skin & Hair Care (acne, greasy hair, etc.)
  •  Helps control some pet’s behavior

A Few Words of Caution:
1. Always buy an authentic product from the retailer.
2. Take a Patch test before using any essential oil. Some people may be allergic.
3. Never use it directly on the skin. Always dilute the essential oils with a carrier oil (like coconut oil etc.) when you use them in skin care.
4. Never use any essential oil when you are pregnant or breast feeding. Always consult your Doctors first.
5. Consult with your Doctor before using it on kids.

I am using the Nykaa Citronella Essential Oil right now. You can use any brand as per your choice, just make sure it is an authentic product. 

Price Of Nykaa Citronella Essential Oil: INR 350 for 10 ml. (you can grab it on discount most of the times)

Try it once and share your thoughts.

Cheers!!!
Happy Living…

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow... this oil seems amazing. Will try it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, yeah... this oil really is cool. You'll love it.
      Cheers!!!

      Delete

Total Pageviews