INNISFREE JEJU ORCHID ENRICHED CREAM- WORTH IT OR NOT!

Thursday, May 09, 2019


The last couple of years, Korean skincare brands have been ruling the Indian market like crazy. The famous Korean magical skincare is already well known to the world and honestly, their ultra-fresh, satiny, glass like skin is to die for.
Of course, it is worth trying their much-hyped "multiple steps skin routine". Even some skin care products are beautiful. But, sometimes, many of us forget the fact that gene pool plays a significant factor in skin and health, no matter how amazing or expensive a skin care product is.
Anyway, who doesn't want to give it a try, right! I too have grabbed the first chance of trying a  product from one of the famous houses, “INNISFREE”.
I have talked about another Korean brand “The Face Shop” here. You can go ahead and take a look if you like.
So, I have been using Innisfree’s “Jeju Orchid Enriched Cream” for the past couple of months. And finally, I think I am quite there to share my experience with you.



This product claims to:

  •  Boost skin elasticity for a firm, soft, radiant, healthier skin
  •  Have anti-aging properties formulated with Hyaluronic acid from Jeju green bean
  •  Enriched with precious Orchid Elixir 2.0
  •  Have 5-in-1 total anti-aging care- Firming, wrinkles reduction, nourishing, brighten   skin tone and skin texture improvement.
  •  Free Of parabens, animal products, mineral oil, imidazolidinyl urea, synthetic   fragrance

Full Ingredients:

Water / Aqua / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Squalane, Niacinamide, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, 1,2-hexanediol, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Fragrance / Parfum, Dimethicone/vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Kaolin, Disodium Edta, Hyaluronic Acid, Betaine, Glucose, Orchid Extract, Tocopherol, Arginine/lysine Polypeptide.

Price: INR 2000

My experience:

This is not the first cream that I’ve used from this brand. During the last winter, I’ve tried the “Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Cream”and I liked it. Though I was not extremely impressed with it, I couldn't be sure because the place I live in, doesn't get affected that much during the chillier months. We can comfortably spend time with light jackets and all. So, overall, I feel the 'green tea' version can work well in the colder months and in colder places. It actually provides a good amount of hydration and skin looks healthy.
Now, coming to this 'Jeju orchid’ cream, actually, I had high expectations from it. After the green tea, I thought this would be perfect for my skin, given that I am in my early 30's now and I always prefer 'natural' skin care products in my life. This cream is paraben free. That attracted me the most. So, I bought it and boy, oh boy…I got absolutely hammered.
I have never ever come across a face cream that is this 'silicone'-y. I mean, you’ve no idea, how much I’ve tried to understand this product. But… I have no words to express my dissatisfaction.
I’ve used a good portion of this product by now. The product itself has a soft texture with a pinkish hue. But sadly, it seemed to create a problem for my skin texture. Though I have extremely sensitive skin, it has been acting well since I left my adolescent years. I don't get pimples usually, except a few hormonal ones. And my skin looks plumpy and clean in general.
This particular cream has altered the whole scenario. My skin looks ridiculously bad after using it.
The funny part- it took me months to understand that this cream is the culprit of all. The moment I started using it, I felt it was silicone-y. I thought “It happens sometimes.” I tried using different methods like using it alongside Rosewater, or Aloe Vera gel. But nope… If I talk about hydration, it gives a glue-like funky sticky feeling. That is so very uncomfortable. Whether I try this with or without makeup. Every time, the glue feeling persists. 



So now,

  •  My skin texture is ruined
  •  I have quite a lot zits and spots in my face right now
  •  It looks really dull and lifeless
  •  My pores look bigger
  •  I’ve wasted my hard earned 2000 bucks on a disturbing product
  •  Except for the fact, this cream smells heavenly, I don’t like anything about it.
  •  I have to work really diligently to get back to my old skin


What’s My Say to Console Myself:

  • Do not trust beauty influencers’ words blindly (maybe, the products work for them, not for all. And probability is, they are paid lump-sum bucks to talk all good things about it)
  • Sh*t happens. Move on.
Conclusion:
I got a free sample of “Jeju Pomegranate Kit” when I bought this face cream. I have used that too. The orchid version somehow masters the excellence of silicone in it. The green tea and the pomegranate ones are not that weird. But I am not gonna buy any of them ever as they did not do any wonders for my skin. Why waste money? But yes, these products may still work well for your skin. You never know. But my take would always be spending wisely from now onwards.
Have any of you experienced the same? Or do you like any of it? Please share your opinions here if you ever come across this post.

Cheers!!!
Happy Living…

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews