PLUM GRAPE SEED & SEA BUCKTHORN GLOW-RESTORE FACE OILS BLEND

Thursday, May 16, 2019


About 10 years ago, when I was still suffering from acne and struggling to deal with my super sensitive, oily skin, if someone would have told me to use oil on my face, I would have yelled at him/her like a crazy person. Oil…on my face, are you freaking kidding me!!!
But now, 10 years later, I adore facial oils, and I find this change really fascinating. Interestingly, my skin has evolved a lot, thanks to the natural process of aging 😉 and also because of the change in the climate. Now, I have sensitive combination skin, and though it is really hard to maintain, as long as it is healthy, I am happy.
Anyway, one thing I've learned over the years is that everybody can use facial oils, even the oily skinned people. Shocking… wait wait. Let me explain a bit, and we'll come to agree on it together.
No matter what skin types we are, our skin naturally has sebaceous glands which create an oily substance called sebum. Depending on the skin types, these glands produce less, regular, or excessive sebum. So, accordingly, if we use facial oils as per our skin texture, we'll be more benefited. It will be good if we can adjust the usage of the oil with our skin. What I mean to say is that if we can’t balance the right amount naturally, we can take the help of an oil, or an amalgamation of oils to give the much-needed luster and nutrition from outside. We use various facial creams. But a facial oil is always a more natural way to compensate the synergy.
Today, I am gonna talk about a spectacular budget-friendly natural facial oil that has been blowing many minds including mine, of course, in a remarkable way.



Plum Grape Seed & Sea Buckthorn Glow-Restore Face Oils Blend

This au-natural brand Plum’  has been with us for a while. I’ve tried quite a few products from them already (I am a sucker for natural products). But I have been mesmerized by their facial oil. FYI, I love love love my Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate and The Body Shop’s Oils of Life Intensely Revitalizing Facial Oil. But this little genie in a bottle from ‘Plum’ could be a savior for many because of its natural goodness and that too with a friendly price. The oil has a slight translucent color. The bottle and the dropper, both are made of glass which is a big yay! It kind of reminds of Clarins Facial Oil which is another all-time favorite product of mine. This oil is gradually creating its own fan base. Let’s discover it more.

As per the company provided information,

This unique combination of 100% plant-derived oils (10 of them!) combats skin dryness, and restores natural health and glow to the skin- without the greasiness one would expect from an "oil". It gets to work instantly, restoring your natural glow by replenishing lost nutrients, fighting oxidative damage, and preventing Trans-Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL) from your skin.

Ingredients:

Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil,Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance

Benefits of these oils:

1. Grape seed oil- great source of linoleic acid- reduces clogged pores
2. Sea buckthorn oil- richest source of vitamin C - limits free radical damage
3. Rosehip oil- extremely rich source of antioxidants- slows down ageing
4. Argan oil- rich in omega-6 fatty acids- eases inflammation
5. Sweet Almond oil- hydrates and protects
6. Apricot seed oil- natural source of vitamin A - lubricates and heals
7. Sunflower seed oil- rich in minerals- healthier skin
8. Olive oil- vegan source of squalene- repairs damaged skin
9. Pomegranate seed extract- rich in omega-5 fatty acids- counters free radical damage
10. Jojoba seed oil - contains vitamin B complex & iodine- heals

Price:

INR 775 (you can buy it anywhere online like from AmazonNykaa, and also directly from the Plum Website. I have provided all the links.)

My Experience:

Actually, I bought this facial oil for my mum. She has beautiful skin, but it is very dry. I have never seen a single pimple on her face since the time I have grown my senses. Before I suggested her to indulge in all those fancy, crazily expensive facial oils, I wanted her to try this one. And to my surprise, her skin literally has changed since the time. She used it for 1 week, and we could see the difference. Her skin gulps the oil in two seconds, loves it to the core, and gives back beautifully soft, lustrous, glowing skin.
And that’s how I too started using this oil, and I am hooked. I can't tell you how beautifully this oil sits on the skin and glides into it. My skin really shows a healthy glow that the product actually claims. For some time, my skin was not in a good condition. But finally, I can see it recuperating well. I can foresee the full recovery in no time.

How I use this Plum Facial Oil on My Face:

Me and my Mum, both follow the same routine. After cleansing my face, I spray some Rose Water and let it sit for 10 seconds. Before it dries out completely, I take three drops of the oil and dab it gently on my skin. And voila! It gets absorbed in no time. After that, I take 1 drop of the oil on my ring finger and very carefully dab it under my eye area. It can be used as an absolutely mind-blowing Under Eye Treatment. I am really judgmental about eye creams (very few of them actually do work under the eye area, no matter it is expensive or not). But this oil works, you guys! Sometimes I use sunscreen above it if I am going out, or don’t use anything at all. I let it work on its own magic. My skin doesn’t require any further moisturization.
I love using this oil under my make up too. It gives a polished look with a natural glow within.
Though this oil is formally meant for dry and extreme-dry skin, my sensitive combination skin adores it.
As I live in a place which has a wonderful climate, I am using this during summer too, but every other day. For people, who live in humid areas will have to struggle a bit, but you can always reduce the quantity and use it.



Conclusion:

It is a miracle oil for my skin. I feel lucky to get to know this natural product without any harmful ingredients. All the products from Plum are Parabens, Phathalates, and SLS free. It was a surprise for me when it worked on me as it was not really made for sensitive skin. But somehow, the stars got aligned, it came into my life, and it worked like a charm.
Let me know how it worked on your skin if you’ve used it by now. If not, give it a try surely. Don’t be afraid, but first, do a patch test, and let your skin work with it. If it’s not breaking you out, or not doing any harm, you never know, it can bring some magic for you too.

Cheers!!!
Happy Living…

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews