A Perfect Morning Skincare Routine for the Winter

Tuesday, November 01, 2022

When options are limited, we gotta choose what is available, right! But what if there are ample of options? Then, we get confused so easily. Do we need this or that?

 

 As a picky skincare fanatic, I study and research a lottttt. What would be the best thing for my skin. It is changing so fast with age. But what to use and what not? Such a monumental task (I am kidding!!!)

 

Well…if someone who knows my skin, helps me with the perfect routine, I can save so much time and energy of my life. That’s no joke. But… that’s rare to find. So, I had to dig deep and find out the best routine to save my skin from the winter. Hopefully, this helps you too.



 

 First off, we have cleanser.

 

A mild cleanser which doesn’t strip away the natural oils from your skin would be the best for winter morning. For that, I love my Just Herbs Silksplash Rehydrant Face Wash. It’s natural, ultra-mild and cleans beautifully even though it doesn’t lather much. Except their really irritating pump (you need to pour the product somewhere else), I love it. See a full review HERE



 

Alright… I prefer to scrub my face once a week. And for that, I mostly go for homemade scrub which provides me a little hydration as well. What about a nourishing pack made of honey, coffee granules, little bit of brown sugar, and aloe vera gel? Wooo… just perfect. Put it on for 10 minutes, let it dry a bit and then gently scrub it off your face.

 

Well… after this don’t forget to take steam for 5 to 10 minutes. Your pores are already unclogged because of the exfoliation, so it works the best.

 

Next stop, we have Toner. And, I have the perfect solution. I don’t recommend chemical exfoliating toner for winter because your skin is already dry and broken because of the strong winter wind. It already lacks moisture and hydration. Why to tear it more with harsh chemical peels? So, to me organic mists are the gentlest way of toning your skin.  
I recommend the Kama Ayurveda Rose Water Mist (review HERE)



 

 
or the Juicy Chemistry 100% Organic Lavender Water. (check out HERE)



 

 
Now, if you are scrubbing your face, use a hydrating face pack, or just move into the next step. It’s time to seal your skin with some hydration. If I am going out, I use a light Moisturizer like Clinique Moisture Surge. But if I am home, I top it up with a facial oil. My current favorite is the Juicy Chemistry Saffron and Red Raspberry Facial Oil.



 

 
 
 
Don’t forget to hydrate those chapped lips too with your favorite lip balm. I can't think of anything else except my Laneige Berry Lip Sleeping Mask. It is a dream product for your lips.
 
And last but not the least, use a Sunscreen, no matter you are home or going out. Since the last couple of years, I opted for mineral sunscreen. I am loving the La Shield Fisico SPF 50+ & PA+++ Mineral Based Sunscreen Gel. Its very lightweight, gives a matt finish, non-greasy, and doesn’t leave a white cast. Pure love…



 

 
I am sure this post will help you prepping for a winter skin care. Stay tuned for a relaxing and rejuvenating night time skin care routine.
 
Cheers…
Happy Living… 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews